For a book that I was initially very negative about, I seem to have cooked 30 recipes from it in the space of a few weeks!
Inside the front cover, I’ve been compiling a list of the recipes I’ve made so far, and I know this is verging on the obsessive, I’ve been giving them marks out of 10.
I don’t feel quite so sad doing things like this after Nigella wrote that she had a habit of making lists of what she had been feeding the children and whether they had enjoyed it or not…:-)
Here are the recipes which have gained 10 out of 10….drumroll please…..
1.Go get em smoothie
2. Glitzy chocolate puddings
3. Crispy duck
4. chicken liver salad
5. Mirin glazed salmon (have made this 3 times already – I love it!)
6. Quick chilli
7. Chocolate mint cookies
8. Chocolate croissants
Here are some of the lowest scoring recipes….
1. Potato & mushroom gratin (became a curdled mess!)
2. Brandied bacony chicken (couldn’t taste the brandy, nothing special)
3. Instant chocolate mousse (my fault, I overwhipped the cream, over heated the chocolate and ended up with a lumpy mess!)