This is the soup that happened when I’d been out all day, no idea as to what to cook, but quite a well-stocked fridge, freezer and cupboard (for a change!)
I’ve mostly blogged it so that I don’t forget what I used and can make it again. Lovely stuff.
Pea and Ham Soup
1 medium leek, sliced
1 large potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
1tbsp (approx) butter
2cups of frozen peas
2tbsp fresh pesto (or 1tbsp jarred ready-made pesto)
1 litre chicken stock
180g ham hock meat, shredded (Waitrose sell a lovely shredded ham hock!)
1. Fry the leek and potato in the butter for a few minutes until softened slightly.
2. Add the frozen peas, pesto and chicken stock.
3. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Take the pan off the heat and blend with a stick blender until smooth.
5. Stir in half the shredded ham.
6. Serve in bowls, topped with the remaining ham and a drizzle of double cream.