I feel I ought to tell you from the off, that this risotto is based on a pouch of ready cooked rice. Tilda to be precise.
I hope you’re still with me dear readers.
I love risotto.
Ditto the wholegrain rice, smoked salmon and cream cheese.
But I wanted lunch quick.
And we all know that brown rice takes an absolute age to cook, right?
That’s where my inspiration comes from this time – greed, lack of time and a love of smoked salmon and cream cheese. Mmmmmm 😀
1. Fry 1 small leek, chopped in a small knob of butter until softened.
2. Add 100 ml of white wine and stir for about a minute, until the strong alcohol smell evaporates.
3. Add the 250g pouch of wholegrain rice and stir for a couple of minutes until the rice has heated through.
4. Add 200 ml of water, 1 chicken stock cube and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Stir around for another few minutes until the rice takes on the wet risotto appearance.
6. Take it off the heat and thoroughly stir in 100g of cream cheese and 120g of smoked salmon which you have sliced into ribbons.
7. Leave it for a minute or two to settle down, adjusting the consistency with a little more water if need be.
8. Tuck in and enjoy. 🙂
Creamy, comforting and delicious, the cream cheese lending the dish an authentic creaminess. And ready in just a few minutes!