Dr. Pepper Pulled pork.
You know it makes sense 😉
I need to get this recipe down, because I know my girls will ask for it again and I’ve got to remember what I did, it was just scrummy! 😀
Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
Inspired by a recipe in my favourite slow cooker book of the year – ‘Slow Cooked’ by Miss South.
Makes enough filling for 12-16 rolls.
1.5kg pork joint. Boneless. Leg or shoulder.
3 onions, sliced
1, 330ml can of Dr. Pepper
1/2 cup of tomato ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tbsp Soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 heaped tbsp cornflour.
1. Place the pork joint in the slow cooker, on top of the sliced onions
2. Pour over the Dr. Pepper.
3. Add the next four ingredients and give it a good stir.
4. Cook on high for 5hrs.
5. Remove pork from slow cooker, remove skin and any fat and shred the meat, using two forks.
Place back into slow cooker.
6. Slake cornflour in a little water, add to slow cooker, stirring all the while.
7. Cover and cook for a further hour.
8. Serve in soft bread rolls with creamy coleslaw.
9. Wait for the praise to roll in.
It will. 😀